Using Quantitative Research for Evidence Based Practice
NOTE: Since the purpose of this course is to understand Statistical Research, I expect you to reference at least four (4) peer-reviewed QUANTITATIVE studies within this assignment. All recommendations that you make and your plan should be backed-up with RESEARCH.
Part A: Formulate a Problem in your Field of Interest (400-500 words, 10 pts.)
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
Introduce your “Case Study”
· Provide a description of a problem case study you might confront in your field.
· Describe your case (such as a client, patient, student, co-worker, etc.). Describe the problem. Describe your role in intervening in this person’s problem (i.e. within context of your field).
· Provide relevant background for your case (e.g. age, gender, cultural and socio-economic background, etc.).
· Provide relevant background for case’s problem (e.g. a brief introduction with references).
Identify your Question – this must be ANSWERABLE with evidence from studies that use Quantitative Interventions.
· INTERVENTIONS cover a wide range of activities from drug treatments and other clinical therapies, to lifestyle changes (e.g. diet or exercise) and social activities (e.g. an education program). Interventions can include individual patient care or population health activities (e.g. screening for diseases such as cervical or prostate cancer).
· Choose one question. Ensure it is an ‘effectiveness question’ (i.e. does treatment X work?)
· Ensure that you make the link between your question and your case objective.
· **** Examples of Case Studies and Questions provided on separate Document*****
Part B: Evidence-Based Search Strategy for Research (250 – 500 words, 10 pts.)
Describe your Evidence-based research Search Strategy
· Identify the inclusion and exclusion criteria (i.e. key words) to search for research articles to answer your question.
· How did you identify your literature? Which databases did you select? Why? How many citations did you retrieve? Justify your search strategy.
· Include as an Appendix a table showing your precise search strategy including the order of the search terms.
Part C: Review Tables (1 page per study (at least 4 studies), 30 pts.)
The Review Table
· Choose the best four articles you found and complete data extraction of relevant information of the best articles in a table format (please see sample table below)
· This section should be logically organized, appropriate length, and concise. In addition, terms/short-forms should be understandable (easy to read by outsider).
· Each table should include the following information:
o Article Citation, Purpose/research question/intervention, Method, Sample/sampling frame, Measures, Results, Effect sizes, Methodological strengths and weaknesses
Part D: Critical Review (800-1000 words, 30 pts.)
• Write an integrated critical review of the articles (at least 4) to judge the evidence.
• Compare and contrast the most important methodological strengths of studies and how these impact your confidence in the conclusions of the different studies
• Compare and contrast the most important methodological weaknesses of the studies
• Compare and contrast the potential for bias of the studies
• Relate strengths and weakness of the research to your research question & implications for your field of practice
• Taking into account the strengths and weakness of the research and methodological limitations, tell your reader what you can confidently conclude on the basis of this evidence. (i.e. what works, what doesn’t work, etc.)
Part E: Implementation & Evaluation Plan (500 – 750 words, 15 pts.)
• What will you do with this information? What is your judgment in terms of your question, case study and field? Why? How will you involve your case study (person) in your action plan?
• Please note: This is the point where the issue of client/student/ case diversity becomes crucial. Bear in mind that your case study is almost certain to be different from the individuals in the studies you reviewed. How is your case study different? What is the possible relevance of this difference in your case?
• Even if you decide the intervention in answering your Question is not effective, please tell us how you would evaluate any intervention that you DO use with your case.
• How will you know if you have succeeded (i.e., what is your outcome measure?) Which single system design will you use? How will you put this in place?
• Provide a one-paragraph summary of your case and recommendation(s) for intervention.
References & Format (5 pts.)
• Provide an APA formatted reference list for all references and selected articles.
• Your paper should be typed, double-spaced, in a 12 point font.
• Title each SECTION of your paper by the PARTS (A – E) and Sections as I have outlined above (i.e. Part A: Formulate a Problem in your Field of Interest, etc.)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more