Assignment 2: The Gig Economy
Worth 240 points
Due March 2, 2020 by 9am
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
Uber is largely hailed as the advent of the gig economy, which is the idea that people will not work for any one employer, but instead will work on projects for any variety of companies desiring their services. While creating a new type of entrepreneurship for individuals, it raises a host of new legal questions for companies around the law of agency. Your boss has asked you to evaluate Uber’s legal exposure for the conduct of its drivers.
Write an interoffice Memo in which you:
1. Summarize the main principles of agency law and the term “scope of employment.” How is this term applicable when it comes to Uber and its business and the liability for its drivers? (Remember to consider liability as to Uber employees and as independent contractors)
2. Recently, an Uber driver lost control and killed his passengers. The driver was drunk. Should Uber be liable for the conduct of its driver in this situation? Why or why not? Use the law of Agency to back up your argument.
3. Identify the steps Uber should take to limit its legal exposure for the conduct of its drivers.
4. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment, one being the textbook. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Your Memo should include a heading, summary statement, background and recommendations. See the link for information on formatting this Memo AND the attachment. There is no page requirement for this assignment, just be sure to answer all the questions specifically and directly.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze and apply the concepts of ethical decision making, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.
· Analyze and evaluate Agency Law pursuant to the employer and employee.
· Analyze and evaluate laws and regulations relative to product safety, liability and representations.
· Write clearly and concisely about law, ethics, and corporate governance using proper writing mechanics.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more