Cultural Competence in healthcare
What is cultural competence?
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
· Understanding diverse attitudes, beliefs, behaviors, practices, and communication patterns that attribute to a variety of other factors.
· Race, ethnicity, religion, SES, historical and social context, physical or mental ability, age, gender, sexual orientation, or acculturation status
· A health care provider is considered to be culturally competent when he/she is able to present culturally appropriate care to patients with diverse beliefs, values, and behaviors. Doing so, reduces health disparities.
· Culturally competent care is the delivery of health care services that acknowledges and understands cultural diversity in the clinical setting, respects members health beliefs and practices and values cross-cultural communication.
· How does culture impact health care?
· Health care is a cultural aspect that it based on beliefs about the nature of disease and the human body, cultural issues and are crucial in the delivery of health services
· Cultural competency benefits patients, communities, and providers which all contribute to the formation of a support system with positive health outcomes
· serves as a foundational pillar for reducing health disparities through cultural sensitive and unbiased quality care
· Positive effect on patient care delivery
· Is cultural competence important for people with chronic conditions?
· A culturally competent health care system can help improve health outcomes and quality of care
· Racial and ethnic minorities have higher morbidity and mortality rates from chronic diseases
· Communication barriers according to the Health Policy Institute
· Can affect the amount and quality of health care received
· Health service use may also be affected by the availability of interpreters
· Can lead to patient dissatisfaction, poor comprehension and adherence, and lower quality of care
· Literacy barriers
· Patient dissatisfaction
· Different options to address the problem
· Diversity training
· Arrange for bilingual translators or volunteers for meetings.
· Determine whether meetings will be bilingual.
· If at least half of the group speaks another language consider breaking into smaller groups with the groups conducted in different languages as needed.
· If language groups are large enough consider conducting separate meetings with the same agenda and issues covered.
· Be certain that all organization materials are produced in all languages used by organization members.
· Use a multicultural vocabulary with terms and phrases that describe cultural relations as they should be.
· Be prepared for words to change actions, and actions to change the organization in real ways.
· What public sector can do
· Promote cultural diversity and raise awareness
· Creating fun events on campus that involves foods for students
· CSUF clubs: VSA, Philippines, Hispanics, etc…
· Foods can be seen as a distinction between cultures
· Give more incentives for students to be bilingual or multilingual
· Structure the class to teach not only the language but also history and traditions of the nations
· the Seal of Biliteracy
· Pathway award
· Get to know the community you’re serving
· Have several staff members be from the community
· Bilingual staff members, trained translators….
· Diversity training for staff members
· Understand every culture has different customs
· Have signs and papers in multiple languages
Discussion. Virtually every solution to a problem will have advantages and disadvantages. Here is a great place to discuss the tradeoffs and potential positive and negative consequences to what your team is recommending, and, perhaps to mention a second fav
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more