Please answer all questions in your own words. No citations are needed for this assignment as the answers are located in your textbook. Please ensure your answers are brief so they will fit inside each box.
1. Please complete the following table.
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
|Nutrient||Function and deficiency||Sources|
|Fat-soluble vitaminsA,D,E, K|
|Water-soluble vitaminsB and C complex|
2. Identify the diagnostic criteria for the following eating disorders:
3. What is an enteral feeding?
|4. What are three benefits of enteral feedings?|
|5. Identify five complications of enteral tube feedings and a possible cause for each|
6. What is parenteral feeding?
|7. What are three benefits of parenteral feedings?|
|8. Identify five complications of parenteral tube feedings and a symptom of each complication|
9. Please complete the table below
|Inflammatory bowel disease|
10. What is dysphagia?
|11. Please list the four levels of the dysphagia diet|
|12. List the five components of a nutritional assessment and briefly explain each|
13. Please complete the table below
|Assessment area||One sign of poor nutrition|
14. Identify three factors that contribute to childhood obesity. Use table below.
15. Identify three factors that influence an adolescent’s diet.
16. Identify three factors that influence the nutritional status of the older adult.
17. Give one nursing diagnosis for a patient with altered nutritional status.
18. Give two goals for a client with nutritional problems.
19. What is aspiration? List two aspiration precautions you should utilize for patients at risk.
20. Explain the goal of transition from parenteral nutrition to enteral nutrition.
21. Explain the goal of transition from parenteral nutrition to oral feeding.
22. Describe lipid emulsions and how it benefits patients with altered nutritional status.
23. What is medical nutrition therapy?
24. Which nutrition is the body’s most preferred energy source?
25. Mrs. Nelson is talking with the nurse about the dietary needs of her 22-month-old son. Which of the following responses by the nurse would be appropriate?
A. Your son needs fewer calories in relation to her body weight now than she did as an infant.
B. Your son needs less protein in his diet now because he is not growing as fast.
C. Your son should be drinking at least one quart of milk per day.
D. Use skim milk to cut down on the fat in your son’s diet.
26. All of the following clients are at risk for alteration in nutrition except:
A. Client A, who has been allowed nothing by mouth (NPO) for seven days following bowel surgery and is receiving 3000ml of 10% dextrose per day.
B. Client B, a 17-year-old girl who weighs 90 pounds and frequently complains about her baby fat.
C. Client C, who is 86 years old, lives alone, and has poorly fitting dentures.
D. Client D, whose weight is 10% above his ideal body weight.
27. Which of the following is the most accurate method of bedside confirmation of placement of a small-bore nasogastric tube?
A. Assess the client’s ability to speak.
B. Test the pH of withdrawn gastric contents.
C. Auscultate the epigastrium for gurgling or bubbling.
D. Assess the length of the tube that is outside the client’s nose.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more