Chapter 12: Support for students with special needs
Read Pages 135-143
(1 pt. each)
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
1) What is the ADA? What was the purpose of the amendment in 2008?
2) What does the term disability mean (to you?)
3) What is an Accommodation?
4) What are the academic support services available to you at FNU?
5) What is the process to request Accommodation for a disability as a student?
6) What is the difference between a physical disability and a learning disability?
7) If an SPTA presents with a disability, what employment/ clinical education issues can arise?
a. What is the stance of the ADA on these issues?
REVIEW TABLE 12-4; TECHNICAL STANDARDS
Are you able to do all of these? (think carefully, no written answer required)
Chapter 13: WHEN ENGLISH IS A SECOND LANGUAGE! J
Read Pages 147-153
(1 pt. each)
1) Reading – what technique helps you the most when reading through text?
2) Listening- are you a good listener? Do you understand what is going on in class? What technique do you think will help you the most with your comprehension during lectures?
3) Writing- REVIEW Table 13-3, 13-4 & Table 13-5
a. Proofreading is so important with any written correspondence or academic/ professional assignment.
i. What are 3 resources you can use to help you at FNU or online? (apart from proofreading yourself- which should always be first!)
TEST TAKING; Class discussion – Review Table 13-6
Chapter 14: Re-entry and Career Transition Students
Read Pages 155-160
(1 pt. each)
1) What group are you?
2) What do you think is your biggest struggle with adjusting to college life?
Provide a plan of action of how to use each of the following strategies to manage the re-entry process; (10 pts)
Plan of Action
Re-entry program services
Solicit the Support of the Faculty
Collaborate with your classmates
Involve your family and significant others
Upgrade Technology skills
Be an active listener
Use all your best survival strategies
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more