Media Analysis Essay: My Personal Media Habits (1500)WORDS
Everyone turns on a TV to watch shows, or uses a phone to call friends. Go beyond that; what role does this media form have in your life? To assess and understand how you use this media form, keep a daily journal that documents your activities with this medium.
This assignment is guided by the Uses and Gratifications Theory: people use media to satisfy their needs. This theory asks, “What do people do with media” rather than “What does media do to people?”
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
1) Observation and Description: Every single time you use this medium, answer at least these basic questions in a detailed entry to your journal:
–How many minutes or hours did I use it? Why that long? Why did I start, or stop using? –What are the circumstances in which I use it? Why then? –Where am I using it? Why there? –How was I feeling when I turned to it? When I stopped? –What other activities or behaviors seem to accompany my use of this media form?
Here is an example of what one journal entry might look like:
“Monday, 9/15/15. Turned TV on in living room at 4:30am. Why? Woke up, had trouble going back to sleep, thought TV would help me get back to sleep. Channel was on ESPN, left it there & scanned channel guide. Saw that “The Thing” was on HBO & turned to HBO. Watched “The Thing” until 5:30 when it ended. Switched back to ESPN while I washed face, brushed teeth, etc. Turned TV off at 6am. Why? Because I was heading out the door to get coffee. No special feelings noted, though watching TV did NOT help me go back to sleep, as I’d expected. Total time: 90 minutes. Channels watched: 2, one actively (HBO), the other as background (ESPN).”
2) Analysis: After carefully noting your media use for about 3 weeks, review your journal. Look for patterns in the behaviors and feelings you exhibited around your use of this medium. Are there patterns related to when you use, how you use, where you use, or why?
3) Interpretation: Now that you have identified your patterns of use, assess which are most important and why. Rank the patterns from most to least important, noting to yourself why you have ranked them this way.
4) Evaluation: Assess both the positive and negative consequences of the patterns of use and the reasons for use that you have identified. What do these patterns and reasons potentially say about your relationship with this media form? What do they tell you about yourself? Are your practices helping you reach your goals? Are they getting in the way? Both?
5) Engagement: Now that you have documented and examined your habit methodically, write the Media Analysis Essay.
How Do I Write The Media Analysis Essay?
The M.A. essay is your chance to present what you found in your journal in a concise, analytical, and reflective manner. There’s no “thesis” here, but the essay will have a specific structure, centered around the following 3 issues:
Essay Do’s and Don’ts: This is an assessment and analysis of your media use over a 3-week period. Don’t try to start writing the essay until after 3 weeks of careful journal-writing. For some of you, current media use is tied to historical events or experiences. You can mention them here, but remember, this is about the last 3 weeks of your life so stay focused on that rather than giving a historical narrative of how TV made you who you are today, or whatever.
MY JOURNAL THAT YOU NEED
Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application and digital distribution platform designed for video gaming communities, that specializes in text, image, video and audio communication between users in a chat channel. Discord runs on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and in web browsers. Whenever I play games I will use the communication app discord at the same time so I could communicate easily with my friends/teammates.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more