Assigned Culture: ______________________________________________________________________
Purpose: To recognize that individual culture does impact womans health care, communication, nutrition, and family influences that shape the families you are caring for.
Concept: Cultural Diversity
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
Objective: Write a paper regarding a culture and its impact on families, contraception, conception and birth.
Instructions: Create a cultural diversity paper.
1. This project is to a be written paper 5 pages in length APA format. These 5 pages include a cover page and a reference page.
2. Refer to Purnells’ Cultural Competency as a guide to assessing the patient in the identified culture from your Health Assessment course.
3. Is education valued, are boy children preferred over gril children? How do they view families? Is contraception allowed and who is involved in the decision making regarding birth control choices?
4. In an unintended pregnancy is adoption allowed? Is assisted reproductive technology accepted? What about donor sperm or surrogacy?
5. Who attends childbirth? Where do women have babies? What are the special practices employed to support the new mom and baby? Who in the family system makes decisions regarding the woman’s health?
6. What implications does culture present to the issues of womens’ health care?
See below ( 10 points)
Refer to Purnells’ Cultural Assesment Tool to address additional questions to enhance each section (See attached)
Description of requirement:
Total points with comments
Overview of culture that is not familiar to you.
a. Study and investigate the role of women in the culture you have chosen
b. Is education valued?
c. Is one gender preferred over another?
d. How does this culture view families?
What health care practices does this culture embrace that may be different than Western medicine?
a. What practices may interfere with health care?
b. What are the major illness common to the culture you are studying and what are its implications on pregnancy and birth?
What spiritual or religious practices does this culture follow?
a. Is contraception allowed and which forms are acceptable?
b. Who makes the decision regarding contraception choices?
c. Is assisted reproductive technology acceptable, donor sperm, surrogacy?Is adoption allowed?
d. What gives strengths and meaning to life?
Birth practices specific to your assigned culture:
a. Where do the women have babies, ( home birth, hospital, birth home) and who attends the birth? What are the special practices employed to support the mom or new baby?
b. Who in the family system makes decisions regarding the woman’s health such as an emergency cesarean section?
c. Include an explanation regarding how the content provides a focus for nursing assessment and or nursing interventions and nursing advocacy.
References: APA Format
a. References: Utilize in text citations within the power point slides and provide a reference at the bottom of the slide. Include a reference page slide.
* Please choose any culture other than African, Because we are not to talk on culture we’re part of.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more