3. Assume that a sample is used to estimate a population proportion p. Find the margin of error E that corresponds to the given statistics and confidence level. Round the margin of error to four decimal places.
98% confidence; the sample size is 800, of which 40% are successes
4. 50 people are selected randomly from a certain population and it is found that 12 people in the sample are over 6 feet tall. What is the point estimate of the proportion of people in the population who are over 6 feet tall?
5. Thirty randomly selected students took the calculus final. If the sample mean was 95 and the standard deviation was 6.6, construct a 99% confidence interval for the mean score of all students.
6. Use the given data to find the minimum sample size required to estimate the population proportion. Margin of error: 0.028; confidence level: 99%; and unknown
7. Find the appropriate critical value for the following:
99% confidence level ; n = 17; σ is unknown; population appears to be normally distributed.
8. Find the critical value χ2R corresponding to a sample size of 19 and a confidence level of 99 percent if the test it two-tailed.
9. Find the critical value χ 2L corresponding to a sample size of 19 and a confidence level of 99 percent if the test is two-tailed.
10. To find the standard deviation of the diameter of wooden dowels, the manufacturer measures 19 randomly selected dowels and finds the standard deviation of the sample to be s = 0.16. Find the 95% confidence interval for the population standard deviation σ.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more