By LadyofHats (Own work) [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AFood_web_diagram.svg
Consider the image above depicting a terrestrial food web and a marine food web. In the Everglades, freshwater marsh, terrestrial and aquatic environments are interconnected. The complexity of this unique ecosystem can be analyzed by constructing a food web to trace the flow of energy between organisms.
Part 1: Your task for this project is to construct an illustrated food web to diagram trophic interactions in the Everglades ecosystem. The food web must be an original creation, you cannot submit a food web that you find online!
Part 2: Answer the following questions about the food web you constructed. Answers should be provided on a separate attachment in the assignment folder using correct spelling and grammar. The responses are worth a total of 40 points.
1) List the producer(s) in your food web.
2) List the herbivores in your food web.
3) Are there any organisms in your food web that are omnivores? On which trophic levels are they feeding?
4) List the carnivores in your food web.
5) Identify and list a food chain within your food web that depicts at least three trophic levels. What organism in your selected food chain is a secondary consumer?
6) Are there any nonnative species in your food web? Briefly describe how are they altering this food web in the Everglades ecosystem?
7) Choose a primary consumer in your food web. If its population suddenly started to decline, what density-dependent (biotic) factors could be causing it?
8) Choose a secondary consumer in your food web. If its population suddenly started to increase, what density-dependent (biotic) factors could be causing it?
9) Are there any keystone species in your food web? If a keystone species were removed from your food web, how would its loss impact the other organisms?
10) Are there any endangered or threatened species in your food web? If the species goes extinct, how would its loss impact the other organisms?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more