Make sure you have read all of the assigned readings. Discuss the questions presented below and follow directions
1. Review the case Informed Consent in Louisiana – Lugenbuhl v. Dowling.
2. First, identify the elements of the legal citation- plaintiff, defendant, court, location of case etc.
3. Explain the meaning and importance of the doctrine of informed consent.
4. Discuss why we have this doctrine and what would happen if we did not.
5. Discuss the two elements that must be present for informed consent to exist under the law.
6. In a legal case of negligence and liability explain why the basis for negligence may be battery, unconsented touching, or breach of a duty imposed on the doctor to disclose material information.
7. Explain the elements that must be present for a patient to give informed consent.
1. Limit your responses to a maximum of four pages, not including title and reference list pages.
2. Be sure to utilize at least 3-4 scholarly references to support your discussions.
3. Be sure to properly cite your references within the text of your assignment and listed at the end.
4. Be sure to apply critical thinking skills to the write-up of your assignment, especially numbers 3, 4, and 5 above.
A Practical Guide to Informed Consent. Temple Health (2007). http://www.templehealth.org/ICTOOLKIT/html/ictoolkitpage1.html
Informed consent Russell G. Thornton Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2000 April; 13(2): 187–190.PMCID: PMC1312305 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312305/
Informed Consent in Louisiana – Lugenbuhl v. Dowling, 701 So.2d 447 (La. 1997), rehearing denied (Nov 21, 1997) Guide http://biotech.law.lsu.edu/cases/consent/Lugenbuhl.htm
Am J Public Health. 2008 May; 98(5): 793–801. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2006.107706
PMCID: PMC2374810 Ethics in Public Health Research: Privacy and Public Health at Risk: Public Health Confidentiality in the Digital Age. Meyers, Frieden, Bherwani and Henning. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374810/
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more