Unit I Case Study
Case studies are an important learning strategy in business classes as they provide an opportunity for you to critically analyze events that have taken place in real-life businesses. This develops your critical thinking and research skills as you
research the competition and industry in which your business resides with an end goal of formulating a recommendation for the challenges faced by the company.
Select one of the three case studies listed below, which can be found in your textbook. Evaluate the case of your choice, and respond to each of the questions below using both theory and practical managerial thinking as well as supporting
Option 1: Nike (pp. 30–31)
1. How has the industry in which Nike resides been doing over the last 5 years?
2. What are the pros, cons, and risks associated with Nike’s core marketing strategy? How have they managed to
develop a strong customer relationship with their target market?
3. Who are the top three competitors of Nike, and what are their advantages/disadvantages with respect to their
4. Looking at the competitors you discussed in question #3, what would you recommend as being the next steps for
these competitors and subsequently the next steps for Nike to combat these competitors?
Option 2: Cisco (pp. 58–59)
1. How is building a brand in a business-to-business (B2B) context different than that of a business-to-consumer (B2C)
market? How has Cisco managed to develop a strong customer relationship with their target market?
2. How has the industry in which Cisco resides been doing over the last 5 years?
3. Who are the top three competitors of Cisco, and what are their advantages/disadvantages with respect to their
4. Is Cisco’s plan to reach out to consumers a viable one? Why, or why not? As a marketing manager for Cisco, what
would you recommend to be the next steps?
Option 3: Intel (pp. 59–60)
1. Discuss how Intel changed ingredient-marketing history. What did it do so well in those initial marketing campaigns?
How did Intel manage to develop a strong customer relationship with their target market?
2. How has the industry in which Intel resides been doing over the last 5 years?
3. Who are the top three competitors of Intel, and what are their advantages/disadvantages with respect to their
4. Evaluate Intel’s greatest risks and strengths as the industry moves out of the personal computer (PC) era. Identify the next steps that Intel needs to employ in order to maintain its competitive advantage.
In formatting your case analysis, do not use the question-and-answer format; instead, use an essay format with subheadings. Your APA-formatted case study should be a minimum of 500 words in length (not counting the title and reference pages). You are required to use a minimum of three peer-reviewed, academic sources that are no more than 5 years old (one may be your textbook). All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased material must have accompanying in-text citations.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more